Last Updated: January 13, 2020
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories of personal information we collect depend on how you interact with our Services and the requirements of applicable law.
Information You Provide to Us:
- User Account Creation. When you create a user account, we collect your name, email address, physical address, phone number, username, password, and profile photo.
- Pet Information. When you use the Services, we collect information about your pet such as your pet’s name, birthdate, species, and breed. We also collect the name of your pet’s veterinarian, medical information about your pet, and information that may help us identify your pet to the veterinarian, such as names of other people who interact with the veterinarian on behalf of your pet. Additionally, we may collect your pet’s health certificate from you or, with your consent, from your pet’s veterinarian. The health certificate may contain additional identifying information about you and your pet.
- Orders. If you place an order with us, we will record the personal information and details associated with the Transaction. For example, we will collect the items you purchase, your billing and shipping address, phone number, and Payment Information. Please note that we use a third-party service provider to process your payments. We may receive information associated with your Payment Information, such as billing address and transaction information, but we do not directly store Payment Information on the Services.
- Your Communications with Us. We collect personal information from you such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our Services, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
- Interactive Features. We may offer interactive features such as forums, blogs, chat and messaging services, and social media pages. We and others who use our Services may collect the information you submit or make available through these interactive features. Any content you provide via the public sections of these features will be considered “public” and is not subject to the privacy protections referenced herein. By using these interactive features, you assume the risk that the personal information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for their own purposes.
- Registration for Sweepstakes or Contests. We may run sweepstakes and contests. Contact information you provide may be used to inform you about the sweepstakes or contest and for other promotional, marketing and business purposes, if permitted by law. In some jurisdictions, we are required to publicly share information of winners.
- Conferences, Trade Shows, and Other Events. We may attend conferences, trade shows, and other events where we collect personal information from individuals who interact with or express an interest in the Services. If you provide us with any information at one of these events, we will use it for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Business Development and Strategic Partnerships. We may collect personal information from individuals and third parties to assess and pursue potential business opportunities.
- Job Applications. We may post job openings and opportunities on the Services. If you reply to one of these postings by submitting your application, CV and/or cover letter to us, we will collect and process the information contained therein to assess your suitability, aptitude, skills, and qualifications for employment.
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically when you use the Services. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, IMEI, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, details about your browser, operating system or device, location information, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before, during and after using the Services, information about the links you click, and other information about how you use the Services. Information we collect may be associated with accounts and other devices. In addition, we may automatically collect data regarding your use of our Services, such as the types of content you interact with and the frequency and duration of your activities.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Services may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in the Services that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Analytics. We may also use analytics providers such as Google Analytics, Segment, and Amplitude, and FullStory to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our Services. For more information about Segment, please visit https://segment.com/docs/legal/privacy/. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. For more information about Amplitude, please visit https://amplitude.com/privacy. For more information about FullStory, please visit https://www.fullstory.com/legal/privacy/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Information from Other Sources: We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third party services and organizations. For example, we may use your telephone number or other information you provide in order to obtain information about you or your pet from your veterinarian . In addition, if you access our Services through a third-party application, such as a social networking site or third-party login service, we may collect information about you from that third-party that you have made public via your privacy settings.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information for a variety of business purposes, including to:
Provide the Services or Requested Information, such as:
- Fulfilling our contract with you;
- Managing your information, including managing and fulfilling orders, retrieving pet health certificates, and making appointments;
- Processing Payment Information to facilitate your use of the Services;
- Responding to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
- Answering requests for customer or technical support; and
- Allowing you to register for events.
Serve Administrative Purposes, such as:
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Services;
- Developing new products and services and improving our Services;
- Ensuring internal quality control and safety;
- Authenticating and verifying individual identities;
- Carrying out audits;
- Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services and policy changes;
- Preventing potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforcing our Terms; and
- Complying with our legal obligations.
- Marketing Our Products and Services. We may use personal information to tailor and provide you with materials about offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you. We may provide you with these materials by email, phone and SMS message (including via automatic telephone dialing system) , and/or postal mail, as permitted by applicable law. You may contact us at any time to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, as described below. Consent is not required as a condition to purchase products or services. Message and data rates may apply.
- Consent. We may use personal information for other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent.
- Use De-identified and Aggregated Information. We may use aggregated information that does not identify you and other information about you to create de-identified or aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access our Services, or other analyses we create.
Automatic Collection Technologies. We, as well as third parties that provide content, advertising, or other functionality on the Services, may use Technologies to automatically collect information through the Services. Our uses of these Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services, applications, and tools that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functions such as shopping-carts, saved search, or similar functions;
- Performance Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use the Services;
- Functionality Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed;
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first party or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on Third Party sites.
Notice regarding Third Party Websites, Social Media Platforms and Software Development Kits
The Services may contain links to other websites, and other websites may reference or link to our website or other Services. These other websites are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
Our Services may include social media pages. By using such Services, you assume the risk that the personal information provided by you may be viewed and used by Third Parties for any number of purposes.
We may use third party APIs and software development kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Services. For more information about our use of APIs and SDKs, please contact us as set forth below.
4. DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Friends and Colleagues. The Services allow you to share certain content with other users of the Services and other friends and colleagues. By using such functionality of the Services, you assume the risk that your personal information may be used by third parties for any number of purposes.
- Service Providers. We may share any personal information we collect about you with our third-party service providers. The types of service providers to whom we entrust personal information include service providers for: (i) IT and related services; (ii) information and services you have requested (including pharmacy products order fulfillment) ; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (vi) services that support the Services. These vendors and service providers have access to your personal information only for purposes of performing services on our behalf.
- Business Partners. We may provide personal information to business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear along with ours.
- Advertising Partners. Through our Services, we may allow third party advertising partners to set Technologies and other tracking tools to collect information regarding your activities and your device (e.g., your IP address, mobile identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day). We may also combine and share such information and other information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) with third party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit third party websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising”. We may allow access to other data collected by the Services to share information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer not to share your personal information with third party advertising partners, you may follow the instructions below.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others. We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
- International Data Transfers. You agree that that all information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected and require our third-party service providers and partners to have appropriate safeguards as well. Further details can be provided upon request.
5. YOUR CHOICES
You have certain choices about your personal information. Where you have consented to the processing of your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and prevent further processing by contacting us as described below. Even if you opt out, we may still collect and use non-personal information regarding your activities on our Services and/or information from the advertisements on third party websites for other legal purposes as described above.
Email and Telephone Communications
We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone, and do-not-contact lists as required by applicable law.
“Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
You may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, https://youradchoices.ca/choices/, and www.aboutads.info/choices/. To separately make choices for mobile apps on a mobile device, you can download DAA’s AppChoices application from your device’s app store. Alternatively, for some devices you may use your device’s platform controls in your settings to exercise choice.
Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device. Advertisements on third party websites that contain the AdChoices link may have been directed to you based on information collected by advertising partners over time and across websites. These advertisements provide a mechanism to opt out of the advertising partners’ use of this information for interest-based advertising purposes.
Your Privacy Rights
For purposes of the California Consumer Privacy Act, we do not “sell” your personal information.
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to: (i) request confirmation of whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtain access to or a copy of your personal information; (iii) receive an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us, or ask us to send that information to another company (the “right of data portability”); (iv) restrict our uses of your personal information; (v) seek correction or amendment of inaccurate, untrue, incomplete, or improperly processed personal information; (vi) withdraw your consent; and (vii) request erasure of personal information held about you by us, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below.
We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
If you are a California resident, you have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your rights conferred by the California Consumer Privacy Act.
6. DATA RETENTION
7. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by making a notice available to you through the Services or sending an e-mail to you.
8. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The Services are not directed to children under 13 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may contact us as set forth below. If we learn that we have collected any personal information in violation of applicable law, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
9. SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
If you are located in the European Economic Area, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law.
45 Bond St., Floor 5
New York, NY 10012
E-mail: [email protected]